Fayha Choir conducted by Maestro Barkev Talakian, was established in 2003 in Tripoli, North Lebanon. In 2016, and in collaboration with Al Makassed Foundation, the choir established his second branch in Beirut. It also has set foot outside Lebanon in 2017 and founded another Choir in Cairo, Egypt. And last but not least, it started his fourth branch in Baakline in 2018 in partnership with Baaklin Municipality.
Fayha Choir is internationally recognized as a standard for Arabic Acapella singing. Their repertoire is composed of Latin, Armenian, French, and English, as well as Arabic music from different heritages which include Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Bedouin, and Andalusian.
The Choir aims to:
- Develop and spread Arabic Music and express its richness
- Reflect the real and civilized image of Lebanon specifically, and Arab Countries generally
Fayha choir has performed all around Lebanon and represented it in festivals in different countries around the world like Poland Krakow, Lodz and Warsaw, Poland, Abu Dhabi, Armenia, Nagorni Gharapagh, Egypt , Tunisia , Jordan, Syria, France, Canada, China, Qatar, Cyprus, Bahrain, Kuwait, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Sharjah, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Dubai, Greece, etc.
Fayha became the first ressource of choir arrangements for Arab Music from different Arab regions , arranged by Edward Torikian.
So far, Fayha choir’s best achievement are;
- Winning the first two prizes at the “International Warsaw Choir Festival 2007": Best Choir and Best Conductor. The choir had previously won the second prize at that same festival in 2005
- Winning first prize at ChoirFest Middle East Dubai 2016, and second prize in 2018
- Winning first prize at Music and the Sea Festival 2016 in Greece
- Winning Music Rights Award from the International Music Council in 2016; a recognition for the choir’s involvement in the social and moral support of refugees through choir singing trainings
Today Fayha Choir is an official member of the most important choral associations in the world: “International Federation for Choral Music” (IFCM), "European Choral Associations-Europa Cantat" and "Arab Choral Network".
Fayha choir is the only choir in the world that prepares and presents a radio talk-show on weekly basis focused on music and choir singing – “With Fayha” Program, Lebanon Station.
During its Path, Fayha Choir was mainly sponsered by : Azm Cultural Center, Safadi Foundation, Hariri Foundation, Municipality of Tripoli