The FAYHA CHOIR, established since 2003, and conducted ever since by Maestro Barkev Taslakian, is sponsored by Safadi Foundation and Azm & Saada Association. It supports the choir financially and morally, which helps it to improve and perform at its best, locally or internationally. The choir is composed of nearly 40 males and females members, from Tripoli and suburbs citizens, who represent the Lebanese population with all its religions, social, political, economical affiliations. The choir’s repertoire includes Arabic (Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Bedwin, Andaloussi...) oriental, as well as French, English, Latin, Armenian and other songs. This diversity reflects the choir’s openness to the human heritage, almost all Arabic songs are arranged by Edward Torikian.
The Choir aim to:
· Develop and spread the Arabic Music, and show its importance and richness.
· Show the real civilized image of Lebanon and Arab countries.
The choir has to his credits many concerts, among them:
· Concerts all over Lebanon
· Poland: Krakow, Lodz and Warsaw where the Fayha Choir won 2 first prizes at the “International Warsaw Choir Festival 2007": Best choir & Best conductor. The choir had previously won the 2nd prize at that same festival in 2005.
· Poland (2005 & 2007), Abu Dhabi, Armenia, Nagorni Gharapagh, Egypt, Tunisia (2008 & 2009), Jordan, Syria, . . France (Festival Nancy Voice of the World/Nancy, Institut of Arab World/Paris 2009 & Polyfollia Summer Festival/Normandy 2013), Canada, China (Expo Shang Hai 2010), Qatar (2010 & 2011), Cyprus, Bahrain, Kuwait, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Sharjah…
Today Fayha Choir is officially member of:
“International Federation for Choral Music” (IFCM).
"Europian Choral Associatons-Europa Cantat".